National Training Framework - Group 2 - Ask and Act
A half day course to; increase confidence and understanding of early identification, making a targeted enquiry and knowing referral pathways.
Facilitated by: Gwent Training Consortia
Delivery: on MS Teams
Aims and Objectives
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of violence against women, domestic abuse and sexual violence.
- Understand the purpose of and demonstrate an ability to undertake targeted enquiry
- Demonstrate knowledge around data protection and the duty of confidentiality.
- Understand the purpose of risk identification in relation to some forms of violence against women, domestic abuse and sexual violence
- Be able to implement the targeted enquiry care pathway
- Must be working for one of the following: Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council, Caerphilly County Borough Council, Monmouthshire County Council, Newport City Council, Torfaen County Council or Aneurin Bevan University Health Board.
- Must have completed National Training Framework Group 1
- In a public facing role in which either an assessment is made and/or care is delivered and which provides an opportunity to “ask” (this may be one off contact or as part of on-going support)
- In a role where the client group is likely to have experienced a form of VAWDASV
- In a setting or location which is reason alone to “Ask and Act” (midwifery, mental health, child protection)
- All dates are scheduled and places open for booking 5 weeks prior to training.
- You can save a date in the future to your diary and then click the Remind Me button so you will get a reminder when places are open for booking.
14th July 2021 – Booking open 09/06/21
AM – 09:00-12:30 - https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/147996023089
PM – 13:00-16:30 - https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/147996634919
09th September 2021 – Booking open 05/08/21
AM – 09:00-12:30 - https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/148000658955
PM – 13:00-16:30 - https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/148000354043
12th October 2021 – Booking open 07/09/21
AM – 09:00-12:30 - https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/147994989999
PM – 13:00-16:30 - https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/147995499523
5th November 2021 – Booking open 01/10/21
AM – 09:00-12:30 - https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/147997369115
PM – 13:00-16:30 - https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/147998388163
31st January 2022 – Booking open 27/12/21
AM – 09:00-12:30 - https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/147998837507
PM – 13:00-16:30 - https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/147999084245