How can I get help if something is wrong, or if I want to report something?

If you or someone you know is in immediate danger then you should always dial 999 and explain what is happening and they will help you.

If you are a child or young person who is:

  • Unhappy about life
  • Worried about a friend or someone else

You need to talk to someone you know and trust.

If you would like to get help and advice from someone who doesn’t know you and your situation go to the ChildLine website or you can call them free on 0800 1111.

You can talk to ChildLine about anything. No problem is too big or too small.

However you choose to contact them, you're in control. It’s confidential and you don’t have to give your name if you don’t want to.

They’ll support you. Guide you. Help you make decisions that are right for you.

Their tips and techniques, ideas and inspiration, can help you feel more in control. And you can access them in your own time, at your own pace!

Childline website has advice on:

Bullying, abuse, safety, law, your body, your feelings, friends, home & family, relationships, sex, school and college work and much, much more

If you have checked out the Childline website and haven’t found the information you have been looking for have a look at our Children and Young People’s Useful Links page.